I’m starting a new category: things I definitely don’t like ever (TIDDLE for short, cause somehow that helps).
I was happily knitting away on the back piece of my current sweater design. I had knit about 10 inches when I noticed something awful.
Do you see it? I started the cable pattern two rows earlier on the back piece.
Now, this is a rolled edge, so ordinarily I’d just try to fudge it when sewing up, confident that it’d be hidden in the roll anyway. But the big problem is that I counted from the edge when doing the waist decreases.
This means the (paired) decreases on the front and back pieces, the ones I purposely intended to be visible at the sides of the sweater, aren’t going to line up. And the cable motif won’t line up either. The mistake would definitely be noticeable.
I wanted to cry. But instead I ripped out all 10 inches and came here to whine about it. And oddly, I feel a little better. So I’m off to start the back over again. Thanks for “listening”. :-)